TORC Top Tip for Tenants: Do I need to Have Home Contents Insurance?

This month we are looking at the topic of Home Contents Insurance – this is different to Buildings Insurance. TORC has insured your property to cover its structure, but it is your responsibility to take out Consents Insurance to cover all of your personal belongings inside the home. Although this is not a requirement of your tenancy, TORC would strongly recommend that all households have contents insurance to protect against fire, flooding, theft and accidental damage.